TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The term “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, including name, address, email address, and other information relating to an individual. Our primary goals in collecting personal information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services, and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services.
We collect the following types of personal information:
- Your contact information, which may include, but is not limited to: name, email address and telephone number;
- Third party account information, which may include, but is not limited to: your account login information (the “Third Party Account”) and other personal information that your privacy settings on the Third Party Account permit us to access;
- Log data, which may include, but is not limited to: Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the web page that you visited before accessing our Services, the pages or features of our Services to which you browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Services that you clicked on and other statistics;
- Information sent by your mobile device: device identifier, user settings, operating system, your calendar entries and address book, including the phone numbers and email addresses of individuals contained in your address book, as well as information about your use of our Services;
- Payment information, which may include, but is not limited to: Member credit card information and bank account information;
- Employment information, such as hire date, position, hours worked per week, compensation, and work location, etc.; and
- By entering these Terms, the Client agrees to authorize Boast read-only access to Third-Party Systems where the Client maintains proprietary technical and financial information. Boast will retrieve, store and analyze Data from the authorized systems to assist in the delivery of services on behalf of/to the Client.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information Related to Services
When you elect to register for the Services, you will be required to provide us with your contact information and third party account information. We use this information to (a) create your account during the registration process, (b) manage your account and (c) to help us efficiently provide the Services. Additionally, in order to provide you with the Services, we will access and store information and data from your Third Party Accounts. We don’t store passwords for your Third Party Accounts.
Our servers may automatically record your log data. We use this information to administer the Services and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) this information to improve and enhance the Services by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to your needs and preferences.
We also use your personal information to contact you in connection with your use of the Services. We may use also use your personal information to tailor our Service to your interests and to track your compliance with our policies and terms.
Feedback, Questions and Comments
You may also provide us with feedback or a comment, question or complaint. We use this information to respond to you and may retain this information to assist you in the future. We also may use your feedback, comments, questions or complaints to monitor and improve our Services.
Surveys, Polls and Customer Research
From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in one of our surveys, polls or other customer research. The information obtained through our surveys and customer research is used in an aggregated form. We use this information to help us understand Site and Application activity and/or to enhance our product and service offerings, promotions and events.
From time to time, we may also use your personal information to send you email or other communications that may be of interest to you and to tailor communications to you interests. You may opt out of any communications, other than communications necessary as part of any Services you use, by contacting us as set out in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Information Collected Using Cookies and other Web Technologies
Contests and Promotions
From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to enter a contest or participate in a promotion, and we may collect your name, address, phone number, email address, age, gender and other information. We use this information to administer your participation in the contest or promotion. If a contest or promotion is jointly offered or sponsored by us and one or third parties, your personal information may be shared with such third parties. By entering the contest or participating in the promotion, you consent to us providing your personal information to those third parties. We do not control how such third parties may use, disclose, secure and otherwise treat your personal information, and recommend your review their respective privacy statements and notices.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer your personal information without your consent, except as set out below.
Information Shared with Our Services Providers
We may engage third party service providers to work with us to administer and provide the Services. These third-party services providers have access to your personal information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. For additional information about the manner in which our third party service providers treat you personal information, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Shared with Third Parties
We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes.
Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions
We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Boast or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others
We and our service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid enquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, United States or other law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or to prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
Your personal information may be processed by our service providers in the United States, Canada or other jurisdictions, WHERE IT MAY BE SUBJECT TO THE LAWS OF THAT JURISDICTION, INCLUDING LAWS REGARDING THE DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES.
HOW WE SAFEGUARD PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. We take measures such as, but not limited to:
- Boast will implement and maintain technical and organizational measures to protect client data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access as described below:
- Boast requires read-only access level to Client Third Party Systems. Boast Capital’s systems will not have capabilities to modify or erase Data from Client Systems.
- Boast requires that its employees comply with Boast’s data security safeguards to the extent applicable to their scope of performance, including ensuring that all persons authorized to process client data have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality.
- Boast software platform is hosted in the Google Cloud Platform Infrastructure, which meets rigorous privacy and compliance standards that test for data safety, privacy, and security (https://cloud.google.com/security/compliance)
- Boast utilizes a multi-tenant data architecture consisting in individual databases per Client (each Client has his own isolated database).
- Boast software platform is hosted in a certified secure domain and only accepts SSL connections to ensure protection of the privacy and integrity of the exchanged data.
While Boast makes good faith efforts to safeguard your personal information and to secure your data during use of the Services, no transmission of data over the Internet, wireless network, or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. In addition, if you are visiting, using or interacting with our Services from a country other than the United States and Canada, your personal information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. Boast cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us and we do not take any responsibility for any breach that may occur.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain personal information of users for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to limited exceptions prescribed by applicable laws. You may do so directly by updating your account or by emailing us at email@example.com.
HOW TO CONTACT US